Blog Archive

Saturday, November 7, 2009

never been to me

oh this brings me back



Here's a solid gold version, including a bit of backstory and the super-cheesy narrative section...

Hey, you know what paradise is?
It's a lie
a fantasy we created about people and places
as we like them to be
but you know what truth is?
it's that little baby you're holding
and it's that man you fought with this morning
the same one you are gonna make love to tonight
that's truth that's love


This comes after the "and I've seen some things that a womans not supposed to see" part. I first found this song through my ex-boyfriend, the college professor whom I met at teh indie theatre I worked at. I saw Scotland, PA (MacBeth at a fastfood joint) with him and we both really liked this song. Brings back lots of memories...


Both songs are pretty over-dramatic and over emotional, that kind of Olivia Newton John/Joni Mitchell stuff that I love so much. Get what you can from the lyrics, its easy to pick out little bits of songs like these and relate to them, and the latter song is much deeper than the former. Anyway, more stuff about my life tomorrow, I never got a chance to finish that story, I've been out-of-town to collect myself, look forward to stuff soon.

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Pagan said...

That first song is one of my fave songs from the film Pracilla Queen of the Desert. Glad you like it to.